We as audiophiles often seek ‘giant killer’ components. Though the phrase is loosely used, rarely, if ever do we find such elusive equipment. The BDA-3 is one of these rare specimens. An extraordinarily well engineered DAC, the BDA-3 is compatible with virtually any digital source component and features measured performance that is very near the theoretical limit of the digital audio streams it can decode. Such a well executed DAC can resolve the finest details in your digital recording with aplomb. Besides it’s superb measured performance, it’s a total joy to use and listen to. It is operationally easy to understand and sounds better than anyone could expect. Regardless of your digital audio budget, this should be on your short list.
Bryston BDA-3 Digital to Analog Converter
- 10 different inputs including 4 HDMI, 2 USB, AES/EBU, S/PDIF RCA, S/PDIF BNC, and Toslink
- PCM support up to 384 kHz / 32 bit
- DSD support up to DSD-256 (x4)
- User selectable upsampling for some inputs
- Separate power supplies for analog and digital circuitry
- Fully discrete Class-A balanced analog outputs
- Control via IR, RS232, IP, or 12V trigger
- Aluminum chassis and metalwork. Machined and anodized aluminum dress panel.
- Silver or black faceplate
- 17” or 19” faceplate (non-rack mountable)
|Dimensions||Inches: 17 or 19 W x 3.4 H x 12 D|
|Weight||8.5 lbs | 4 kg|
|Frequency Response:||20Hz – 20kHz: ±0.1dB|
|Voltage Output:||XLR: 4V | RCA: 2V|